Plus it gave me the chance to test out Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta, which always looks super delicious every time I pass it.
I even finished it off with my Arugula salad & balsamic honey mustard vinaigrette which I totally ODed on in college after eating it for about a month straight. I'm just starting to get back into that dressing, which is totally inspiring me to try out a few other dressing recipes I've been sitting on for a while.
Spicy Pumpkin Pasta
- 1 package Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta (or anything you'd like to substitute)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 oz diced Pancetta
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
2. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add diced onion, pancetta & garlic. Cook until Pancetta is browned & slightly crispy.
3. Slowly add in the Pumpkin Puree, Parmesan & red-pepper flakes. Salt & Pepper to taste.
4. Finally add in the whole milk to give the sauce a slightly creamy touch. If it's too thick add a little water.
5. Pour the sauce over the pasta & toss. Garnish with leftover Parmesan & enjoy!